Austlon Shrink Bag Usage Instructions
Before opening boxes please check to ensure outer packaging is not visibly damaged.
After unpacking the boxes, please check the following:
- Bag size is correct. Bags should easily fit product but after shrinking should be smooth and tight. Ordering a bag size that is too small may result in packing difficulties and also affect bag strength (not enough room for bags to shrink), while excessively large bags result in poor product presentation.
- Bag surface should be smooth (without wrinkles or visible damage). Wrinkles indicates product has been exposed to moisture or rain. Please also take care to keep product well protected from moisture and heat during storage.
- Check whether there are sharp edges or surfaces on or near operating table to avoid damage during processing.
VACUUMING & SEALING
As material and structure of shrink bags may differ between suppliers, it is sometimes necessary to adjust vacuum machine settings or even bag size to obtain the best fit for your product.
Sealing bar temp too high – burnt seal Sealing bar temp too low – fake seal
MANUAL OPERATOR TIPS AND GUIDELINES
1. Set appropriate temperature on vacuum machine and hot water tunnel.
2. Place opening of bag over sealing bar. Examine that there are no wrinkles over the sealing area to avoid subsequent leakages.
3. Ensure the product has not been pressed at the bottom of the bag, and the area of the seal is completely clean and seal itself is not burnt. Check Teflon tape regularly to minimize seal burns.
4. Leave at least 5cm spacing between product and vacuum seal. This is to improve vacuum effect, and also to allow some room for product to expand (particularly for products that will be stored frozen)
- WATER BATH (IMMERSION) - ensure entire area of bag is immersed in water.
- WATER SHOWER – ensure water spouts are not blocked. Usually temperature to be set a little higher than actual.
For fresh meat water temp is normally 80-85°C
For cooked products water temp is recommended to be 85-90°C
After shrinking, both sides of the product surface should be smooth, tight and wrinkle free (particularly for shower system).
SUFFICIENT SHRINKING WILL INCREASE PRODUCT STRENGTH AND BARRIER, AND IMPROVE PRODUCT PRESENTATION.