After unpacking and unwinding, please check the following:
- Casing flat width is correct. The outer 2-3 rings may have shrunk a little during transportation and storage, but
remainder of the casing should be within specifications.
- Casing surface should be smooth (without wrinkles or damage). Wrinkles indicates casing has been exposed to
moisture or rain. Please also take care to keep casing well protected from moisture and heat during storage.
- If the casing was storage below 0C, it should be moved in room temperature at least 24 hours for weak up the
function of casing.
If any of the above is detected, please do not continue using casing and contact your supplier.
PROCESSING AREA CHECKING
- Check whether there are sharp edges or surfaces on or near operating table to avoid damage during processing.
- If molds will be used, these should be examined carefully. The mold interior should be free of scratches and
marks that may damage the printing of the casing or the casing itself.
SOAKING THE CASING
Soaking the casings will allow for easier and more consistent stuffing. Casings should be soaked in shirred format, for 20-30 minutes with water temperature kept <20°C. Recommend soaking duration is 30-40 minutes.
- IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO SOAK THE CASING IN ROLL FORM.
- After soaking, the casing should be used at one time. If soaked casing become dry without filling and wet again
and filled, it will become easily delaminated. If partial casing is left, it should be kept soaked in water. Before reuse, check whether the flat width suits the stuffing requirement. If the casing has become too small, then either
reduce filling volume or throw away the casing.
|Note: Because IPLON is a shrinkable casing, exposure to heat and moisture may cause the casing to lose its shrink property, and therefore produce sausages that are too short/fat. Therefore it is important to keep casing in correct storage conditions and avoid exposure to unnecessary moisture and heat prior to usag |
hot sale Iplon products: